Welcome to the Pocket Mortys Forums!

Register an account to post and participate in the Pocket Points game!

Morty training

More
4 years 4 months ago #5223 by Tseveuxdire
Replied by Tseveuxdire on topic Morty training
I am not 100% sure but i think the seeds just gives ev points. I noticed that i could not give seeds to a morty with max ev even if i never gave the morty any seeds.

And yes they reduced the max amount of ev points per level. Before you could gain 60+ points per stats in one level and now i cant seem to get more than ~12 points per stats.

As for the training you dont have to train them from lvl 5. I tested it about a month ago.

Personally i prefer catching mortys at higher lvl (around 40-50) because the iv formula is more precise so you have a better idea of how good it will be with max stats.

At the end it is up to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gayshuk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #5227 by TheGodMorty82
Replied by TheGodMorty82 on topic Morty training

Tseveuxdire wrote: I am not 100% sure but i think the seeds just gives ev points. I noticed that i could not give seeds to a morty with max ev even if i never gave the morty any seeds.

I started training my max level OTM from L5 and I remember being able to put in a few seeds because his ATK gains weren't catching up with the rest of the stats. But yeah, Mortys don't take seeds forever (10 - 15 is the limit I tested...might've been 8 with the Morty I mentioned).

Tseveuxdire wrote: And yes they reduced the max amount of ev points per level. Before you could gain 60+ points per stats in one level and now i cant seem to get more than ~12 points per stats.

You can still get 12?! I can't hack more than 7 with the Hunter Morty (accompanied by an L5 SEAL) that I'm using for cleaning house when harvesting for S4 Mortys.

Tseveuxdire wrote: As for the training you dont have to train them from lvl 5. I tested it about a month ago. Personally i prefer catching mortys at higher lvl (around 40-50) because the iv formula is more precise so you have a better idea of how good it will be with max stats.

I'm slowly learning about this stuff, seems to be the way to go now.

Tseveuxdire wrote: At the end it is up to you.

In short, yeah - I've battled trainers with lower-level Mortys and apparently a lot of Pokemon experience because they can beat me with a lot of maneuvers that have nothing to do with offense attacks. Get good, evolve your strategy, have fun.

More
4 years 4 months ago #5228 by Gayshuk
Replied by Gayshuk on topic Morty training
Just to be sure, what should I do after I have fully ev train my morty? Should I speed up the level up by using messeks with bots, because I believe there are cap for ev.

More
4 years 4 months ago #5229 by Tseveuxdire
Replied by Tseveuxdire on topic Morty training

Gayshuk wrote: Just to be sure, what should I do after I have fully ev train my morty? Should I speed up the level up by using messeks with bots, because I believe there are cap for ev.

By the time you get your morty max ev bots will be a joke to beat. If your morty have a good atk/def buff i recommend to buff right at the beggining of the battle then you can beat the bot with only one morty if he’s good enough. When you battle a bot his morty does not have any ev and most of the time they have bad mortys(not all the time). Bots are a huge source of exp especially if you battle with a morty who’s lvl is lower.

Also i made another test about seeds being related to ev. I gave all my attack seeds (9 i think) to a morty who’s stats were very balanced and no other seeds. When i hit max ev all the stats gained ~12 except for the attack that only increased by ~3. Also the stats were very balanced just like at the beginning as if i never gave him any attack seeds.

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds