Welcome to the Pocket Mortys Forums!

Register an account to post and participate in the Pocket Points game!

Morty training

More
4 years 4 months ago #5108 by Gayshuk
Morty training was created by Gayshuk
So now that I have some viable level 5 morty, how should I train them? I don't care about max stat personally, but I've heard of some thing about fighting low level wild morty. Is it still a thing? And the seeds are confusing too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #5109 by TheGodMorty82
Replied by TheGodMorty82 on topic Morty training
You can have 2 L5s in your team and only level-up one of them, while the second one will stay in your team to keep the level of wild Mortys at 5. This means you'll start knocking down Mortys more easily as your main Morty's level goes up, but you also need to beat up more Mortys to go up in level. I haven't done it in a while, but a while back ago the more Mortys you fought between levels, the higher your stats increased (+7 and in some cases +11 HP, ATK, DEF and SP). I think the developers already patched this because I haven't seen gains past +6 recently.

You can use individual seeds to try to max out your Morty's ATK, DEF and SP as you level up (I recommend 1 seed every 3 - 4 levels). Personally, I start from max stat L5s and only use seeds to try and keep the stats even because the gains across levels aren't equal for all stats for whatever reason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gayshuk

More
4 years 4 months ago #5112 by Gayshuk
Replied by Gayshuk on topic Morty training
Thanks for the tips, but does that means even if my morty got pass level 50, I should still fight level 5 wild morty? That would take days level up once!

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #5113 by TheGodMorty82

Gayshuk wrote: Thanks for the tips, but does that means even if my morty got pass level 50, I should still fight level 5 wild morty? That would take days level up once!

Yeah, that's not worth doing anymore - even before the patch, the gains would taper off after L31 for any of the Mortys I was leveling up. Even then, I think there was a limit to how much you could make your Morty grow (like you couldn't get your Morty up to 1000 HP points or whatever). In any case, a couple months later I finally understood what ppl meant by max stats and leveled up an L5 with said max stats and the Morty ended-up with better stats than the other one (and also without me using seeds to add to the gains).

So, for anyone learning about the game now, don't take max stats or L5s for granted - you can go far with fresh, pre-optimized Mortys.

And before I forget, you can still pair a higher-level Morty with an L5 when you're harvesting a dimension for exotics or epics - you can simply knock down Mortys faster with your main Morty (and make more Mortys spawn faster) while switching to the L5 in the middle of the battle to catch the Mortys you're looking for.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by TheGodMorty82.

More
4 years 4 months ago #5114 by Gayshuk
Replied by Gayshuk on topic Morty training
Got it, so I should probably just train them the normal way, and shove seeds up their little morty hole every few level

More
4 years 4 months ago #5115 by TheGodMorty82

Gayshuk wrote: Got it, so I should probably just train them the normal way, and shove seeds up their little morty hole every few level

Yeah, up to you how you want to do it if you find it worthwhile. Also, I think you can give your Morty at most 10 - 15 seeds for each stat.

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds