Welcome to the Pocket Mortys Forums!

Register an account to post and participate in the Pocket Points game!

Any Advice for Raids?

More
3 years 9 months ago #5552 by aBoiNamedSu
I started playing a few days before the June Balthromaw raid.
Currently, I've got 2-3 S Tier Morty's per type (And 1 Cronenberg). About half are EV Trained to LVL 30.

I'm wondering if you need LVL 50-100 Morty's to have a chance at receiving a raid reward - or even survive an instance.
I'm only aware it's useful to have some Debuffers and a Paralyzer in your team. Any advice is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #5555 by TheGodMorty82
Replied by TheGodMorty82 on topic Any Advice for Raids?
The Raid boss you get should be more or less proportional to your experience level, as players get divided into groups based on that. As an example, I've been an L37 trainer for a while and I always see people in the L33 - L39 group during raids. It'd be unfair to compare me with a bunch of L50s, I don't think I'd win at anything.

My recommended set-up, since you get 5 Mortys: A paralyzer that can also debuff (better make it a Strong debuff), then other Mortys who can debuff supplemental stats while having Strong Attack and Defense buffs for themselves so they can have more opportunities to attack the boss. Line-up your team with Mortys who also have absorb attacks so you can focus on replenishing attacks and not health. And read the Morty guide in this site, it'll give you a better idea beforehand which Mortys will have the characteristics you need for the raid, instead of just going by trial and error.

As you EV train your Mortys, remember you're getting them ready for raid-specific combat, meaning they will fight differently against Mortys in the wild or Mortys in another player's team. Be patient and remember to replenish often at the Healing Center.

Also, have a good stash of Pure Halzingers, Pure Plutonic Rocks and Sensational Serums handy. And go collect Crates, have a good money reserve in case you need to buy more of these items so you can get back to fighting (50k Flurbos should more than comfortably get you through a Raid event).

The rest will depend on your own experience, the balance between debuffers and strikers in your team will vary over time with your results - I've been in all raids so far as I'm recently training Mortys for Raids I had never even considered collecting before.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by TheGodMorty82. Reason: Things that come to mind after making the initial post and going for a late dinner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cherry_Fizz

More
3 years 9 months ago #5568 by MykulG
Replied by MykulG on topic Any Advice for Raids?
So far after both battles in this recent raid I'm #6 on the leaderboard. Dragon Morty has been the one who has kept me in the Battle each time for as long I was battling. Just made sure to use the Pure Plutonic Rocks along with his healing ability. Pancake Morty, Dethklok Morty & those with juice to help with healh seems to be the best bet to keep you in the fight.

What doesn't kill you,
Disappoints me.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds