Welcome to the Pocket Mortys Forums!

Register an account to post and participate in the Pocket Points game!

catch low level = better ?

More
1 year 6 months ago #8163 by Mike B
Replied by Mike B on topic catch low level = better ?
Okay so I’m still so confused and frankly a little pissed. When I trained my Morty up to level 20 I attacked Mortys the same level as him all the way up to level 20. Was I supposed to only battle level 5 Mortys until level 20? It took me 44 kills to level up. My starting stats we’re hp: 27, attack: 16, Defense: 15, Speed: 16. My EV’s were HP: 1188, Attack: 704, Defense: 660, Speed: 704. When I input all the necessary info into the calculator it said it wasn’t able to figure it out. I’m supposed to multiply the kills by the base stats right? So for example attack would’ve been 16x44 which would’ve equaled 704. Maybe I miss counted the kills, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t. Please someone help me. I really don’t understand this. I have a few shiny lvl 5 Mortys that I think have some sweet IVs, but I have no idea because there’s no way to tell exactly without leveling them up higher. Honestly do I really need to calculate this if I’m rated from 10-16 in almost every stat category anyways? Or is this just going to be good enough? I wanted to try and get a completely maxed out IV morty because it seems like I’m getting raped all the time. Btw the morty I’m doing this with is Cubism Morty. I got him from Summer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #8164 by Pinball_Wizard
"Was I supposed to only battle level 5 Mortys until level 20?"

Yes. Level 20.. maybe 21.. somewhere in that area (the calculator will tell you for the specific Morty). Just killing level 5 wild Mortys. 44 isn't nearly enough, you need to kill somewhere in the area of 500 to 800 Mortys (again, varies by Morty and Calculator has that info).

Until fully EV trained, you can't get any IV info from the calculator (exception is if you just catch them and haven't leveled yet, and even then you just get a range unless they are a higher level like roughly around 50).

" Honestly do I really need to calculate this if I’m rated from 10-16 in almost every stat category anyways? "

You only *need* to calculate if you were trying to trade with someone and they want the numbers.. if you have minimum 10 on all stats then that's a Morty well worth EV training.

You do not need a complete maxed out IV Morty and in fact you are unlikely to find a Morty that is maxed out in all IVs.. one or two maxed out at best unless you catch a ton of Mortys and get lucky. You aren't getting raped because your IVs are low, a max IV stat vs an average IV stat Morty isn't going to be that big of a difference... it's marginal, especially while leveling. Go EV train your Mortys properly, that's the biggest difference maker.

Well then get your shit together, get it all together and put it in a back pack, all your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it some where, take it somewhere, you know...
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Pinball_Wizard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CharlesC78_

More
1 year 4 months ago #8176 by zrsx3_
Replied by zrsx3_ on topic catch low level = better ?
Yes I have many level 5 Mortys for training purposes if you're interested in one of them, some are shinys too add me on there zrsx3_

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds